What To Do If You’ve Been Injured On A Public Property
If you have been injured on public property, it may be easy to chalk the incident up to you simply having a bad day. But did you know that if you were significantly injured, someone can be held responsible for the damage? If you have suffered great harm due to an injury that occurred on public property, the personal injury lawyers at Livingston & Flowers in Houston are here to help. Read below to find out more, or contact us today!
Types of Public Accident Claims
Accidents can occur to anyone at any time that they are in a public place. Most of the time time, these accidents happen because the property owner failed to maintain their area properly, leading to dangerous conditions such as
- Uneven floors
- Poor lighting
- Improper roadway maintenance
- Broken staircases
- Wet floors
- Unflatten mats or rugs
Injuries That Can Stem From Public Accidents
The extent of a victim’s injury depends on the circumstances behind the property owner’s negligence. Some common injuries that occur are head injuries, cuts, abrasions, soft tissue injuries, broken bones, and spinal injuries. All of which a victim may possibly file a claim against the property owner.
What To Do When Injured In Public
- Report the incident — Report the incident to the property owner, as this proves that the injury occurred on their property. Details should include the date, time, and location of the accident, its cause, and the type of injury sustained.
- Take note of any witnesses — Witnesses can help your case if you were to file a claim.
- Take photographs —If you can take photos of your injuries, now would be a good time to keep them as proof.
- Seek medical attention — Make sure to take care of your injuries, and take note of and keep proof of the expenses that occurred.
- Hire a lawyer — Work with us at Livingston & Flowers Law Firm to get the compensation you deserve.
Work With Us
Our Livingston & Flowers personal injury attorneys have more than 23 years of experience helping residents in Houston receive the rightful compensation they deserve. Our lawyers are skilled, knowledgeable, and experienced in representing a wide range of people, and they are not afraid to push the action when it comes time to do so. Our goal is to prove that a public entity was at fault for your injuries, as you should not have to bear the burden of someone else’s mistakes.
If you feel that you have a public injury lawsuit available in Houston, there are no better lawyers to partner with than those at Livingston & Flowers. Visit us online or contact us to get started on your case as soon as possible!